If You’re Early, You’re On Time

On Time

The year is almost over! This is the last week before the start of the new year. As I’ve been saying all of December, staying focused is critical during this season of abundant opportunities for my colleagues in sales and business.

But it’s also almost the new year. If you haven’t already, now is also the time to start setting your goals for 2017.

There’s a saying that goes like this: “If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late. If you’re late, you’re left.”

I love this. It applies to all circumstances. Preparedness and readiness are key to launching you forward into anything. So if you want to launch into the coming year with a plan, the time for planning is now.

If January 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th come and go without your plan already in place, you’re late.

Remember the 80/ 20 rule? To recap, the 80 / 20 rule is called the Pareto principle or the law of the vital few. It states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

80% of your revenue comes from 20% of your sales force.
80% of the wealth is owned by 20% of the population.
80% of the problems come from 20% of the causes.

And it applies to time. So the way you spend the first 20% of your day… or month… or quarter… or year… determines how the rest of it is going to go.

20% of the year is roughly 72 days. My question for you is: do you have a plan for that 72 days?

If you want to set your year up for momentum, productivity, and success, making use of the first 20% of the year only gives you a huge advantage for the other 80%. Set yourself up for momentum.

Now, that’s not to say that things can’t change. Certainly they can! We are always learning, changing and growing in our skills and professions. But it’s much harder to create momentum once you’re already behind – even a little bit – wouldn’t you agree?

Finish the year strong. Work hard in December. Enjoy your holiday. But get ready for the coming year now – it’s going to be a great one!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Connect With Ursula

Ursula Inc.

Downtown Minneapolis, IDS Center
80 South 8th Street, Suite 900
Minneapolis, MN 55402

Phone: 855 4 MORE SELLING (855.466.7373)
E-Mail: contact@ursulainc.co

For all media inquiries, please contact my publicists:
Garis Media Group




Register for Sales Camp

Scroll to Top